PLEASE BE ADVISED:
- Downtown location subject to street & town noise
- There is a busy cafe next door with live music and entertainment in the morning and evenings. Check the calendar at paiabaycoffee.com.
- No TV or phone in rooms or common areas.
- No beach access. Paia bay is a 3 min walk down the road.
- We do not provide meal service or a common kitchen area
- We do not provide daily turndown service. Please ask housekeeping during the day if you need new towels.
- Parking is available on a first-come first-serve basis. Please see Parking Directions.
- The Nalu Kai Lodge is a non-smoking property.
- Quiet Hours 10pm-9am.
- Do not leave valuables, luggage, or backpacks visible in your car overnight. We are not responsible for any losses or damages to your vehicle or your property.
STREET NOISE: All units at The Nalu Kai Lodge and our other Paia properties are subject to street noise. Cancellations because of noise will not be refunded. The Nalu Kai Lodge is located in the heart of downtown Paia, and due to this prime location and proximity to Hana Highway (a two lane road) these units are subject to street traffic noise and town noise such as utility trucks and late night partiers.
CAFE BAR NOISE: All units at The Nalu Kai Lodge are subject to noise from the cafe bar next door. You will hear it in your room but for most guests, it is not a bad thing. We try to manage noise expectations as best we can, and cancellations because of noise will not be refunded. The cafe is open everyday, 7am-9pm and generates considerable noise during those hours from both guests and music. There is live music almost every night and sometimes during brunch. DJs play every week, usually on Fridays 5-9pm. DJ music is usually “house music”, or “down tempo”. Live music is usually amplified singer/songwriter music. On occasion, there is a movie playing or event where someone is speaking into a microphone
NO SMOKING: Smoking is not allowed in any of our units or on property. There are no smoking areas nearby the property.
COOKING AT THE LODGE: We do not have a “common kitchen area” at the Lodge but do have some simple supplies in the common BBQ area. Guests may help themselves and must clean up after use. There is a sink, trash, and recycling area under the lanai. There is dishwashing and cleanup items for guest use at the sink.
MAXIMUM CAPACITY: All properties have a maximum capacity allowed per unit. Lodge rooms sleep a maximum of 2 people, a child is considered a 3rd person, no-matter the age. The large one bedroom apartment (Unit 9) can sleep up to 3 people. Guest must notify management prior to booking if seeking accommodation for a child under the age of 12. Most of our Lodge rooms are not suitable for children.
QUIET HOURS: All properties have quiet hours from 10pm-9am. Guest must not be mingling or talking outside during quiet hours. The Lodge walls are not insulated and foot steps and voices can be loud, so please be considerate of your neighbors. Do not hold phone or video calls during quiet hours. Persons who are sensitive to noise should be advised that cancellations because of noise will not be refunded.
RESERVATIONS & CANCELLATIONS
By requesting a room at the Nalu Kai Lodge via email or phone, you submit your agreement to the Hotel Policies outlined here.
- We enforce a strict cancellation policy because we are a small property and need to secure bookings/dates PRIOR to arrival.
- Reservations are confirmed upon receipt of email confirmation.
- Credit cards are charged in full anytime within 45 days prior to arrival.
- A deposit may be required to secure a booking. All deposits are due upon receipt of reservation confirmation. Deposit payments are non-refundable.
- Cancelations or partial cancelations made less than 45 days before arrival date will be charged a fixed fee of $100 plus any deposit payment required. If the booking is cancelled inside of 45 days prior to arrival, refunds will be issued on a pro-rata basis less $100.00 cancellation fee when/if the space is re-booked.
Cleaning & Damages
A damage / cleaning deposit can be held. It will be returned in full if the unit is not left excessively dirty, and there is no chargeable damage to the unit.
Excessively dirty rooms, missing towels/linens/room items or stained quilts, smoking in the rooms are subject to a surcharge taken directly from your credit card after checkout. Guests wash all used dishes and be sure trash is put away or you will be charged an additional cleaning fee.
We do not provide daily housekeeping. For stays longer than 7 nights, your room will be cleaned mid stay. If you require additional housekeeping services please contact Maria directly for fees and scheduling.
Cooking at The Lodge
We do not have a “common kitchen” area but do have some simple supplies in the common BBQ area. Guests must clean up after use. There is a sink, trash and recycling area under the lanai. There is dishwashing and cleanup items for guest use at the sink.
Maximum Room Capacity, Children
Lodge rooms sleep a maximum of 2 people, a child is considered a 3rd person. The large one bedroom apartment (Unit 9) can sleep up to 3 people. Guest must notify management prior to booking if seeking accommodation for a child under the age of 12.
Requested rooms are never a guarantee. We guarantee your requested bedding, however we do not guarantee specific rooms or rooms on a certain floor. We are a small hotel and often need to move guests to other rooms prior to arrival to fit the “puzzle”.
The property is located at 18 Nalu Place, in the heart of downtown Paia and due to this prime location and proximity to Hana Highway (a two lane road) these units are subject to street traffic noise, cafe bar, and town noise. Cancellations because of noise will not be refunded.
We have quiet hours from 10pm-8am. Guest must not be mingling or talking outside during quiet hours. The lodge walls are not insulated and foot steps and voices can be loud, so please be considerate of your neighbors. Persons who are sensitive to noise should be advised that cancellations because of noise will not be refunded.
Nalu Kai Lodge is a smoke-free property. All rooms and common areas are non-smoking areas. An Automatic $150 cleaning fee will apply to your credit card should you choose to smoke anything in your room. If you do smoke, please smoke 20 feet outside of the lodge gates on Nalu Place, towards the Hana Bay carport and Chevron gas station.
Office Hours & Other Questions
The Nalu Kai Lodge has no office with set hours. If you need help or have any questions, please call 808-385-4344. In cases of emergency, listen to the voicemail for the emergency number.